Wednesday 3 August 2011

Das Ist Gud


When I refer to myself as a chef, I always feel awkward about the fact. I have known food all my life and one thing that I can tell you is that I live for eating. If I could spend the rest of my life: sleeping in a hammock, on the beach, with the freshest of seafood
to indulge in all day-everyday... It would be late for my stomach.

I notice a sense of surprise in people's faces when I tell them that I am a chef. They usually ask me straight away what my 'signature' dish is. My usual response to this is: an uncomfortable smile, followed by the words: 'Ummmmmm, listen, I really have no idea'. Do you sense the awkwardness? Crickets perhaps...

I shall not tell a lie in saying that I know how to make everything. When I cook, I generally tend to WING IT! I do not know the 'correct' methods of cooking, but rather cook to the taste of my palette. This is a risky business I am running here, but hey, I LOVE TO LIVE ON THE EDGE. When cooking, one aspect that I believe is mandatory is, allowing for THAT SECOND OPINION. 'Always ask for a second opinion in life; Otherwise you will never experience the joys of having the ability to choose'- ANONYMOUS :)

As I progress in my International career, I want to make sure that all of my dishes are classified as 'signature'
What is the fun in having a signature dish, when you can create an abundance of dishes that leave their mark of individuality in your deepest of memories?

To answer your question, FOR NOW, my favourite dish to make is none other than, A BACON SANDWICH!

Lebewohl!
Queen Ipel of the UNIVERSE/GlassTableGirl.
P.S. Lachen! (Laugh!)

1 comment:

  1. The Bacon Sandwich! Is it heavy? How do you feel? Do you feel full? I miss that sandwich!!!

    BTW your palette is DIVINE.

    www.connervarinblog.com

    ReplyDelete