Sunday 3 July 2011

Hitting It From The Back

Bonjour mon peuple!

In life, they say that one feels more confident in where one is going to come from, if one has a good sense of hitting it from the back (Well, I say that).

Let us, for a second, think about hitting back to the idea of a 1950's home. We all know that an essential factor that characterised these homes is 'THE HOME-COOKED MEAL'

I believe that there is nothing better.... (Hmm, maybe one other thing)... Than walking through a front door, to be greeted by the inviting aromas that stream from the kitchen through to the entrance hall (if you have one).

When I hit it from back in my childhood (even though it was the other day) I am reminded of how blessed I was to grow up in a house that was a home! Our home was constantly filled with the scents of the many different dishes that were prepared by my mom on a daily (more-so hourly) basis. She would always have something new and exciting for us (MY AMAZING THREE SISTERS and I) to put in our mouths.

I am so privileged to have been a part of her spontaneous creations. A lot of my best times were spent learning, living and dancing to the tune of the my mom's brilliance in the kitchen. Nothing was too challenging for her to make (Nothing that I knew of anyway).

What impressed me further about my time spent around my mom's cooking was her enthusiastic willingness to teach. Without formally forcing the duty of cooking upon us, she merely showed us the path to a world full of passion for cooking and did so in the most gracious of manners, tous les jours (everyday)... My imaginary French side tends to sneak up on me sometimes.

This phase of my road to international culinary success is dedicated to sending out my deepest gratitude to the number one love of my life, my mom. A culinary genius and creative visionary.

Without her by my side and without her constant encouragement to follow my dreams, I would not be in this position, where they are slowly but surely coming true.

So let's lurve making your house a home. Let's lurve going back to our simple household needs. If you forget, just lurve hitting it from the back... It all starts with a 'HOME-COOKED MEAL'

Merci beaucoup Maman <3

Bisous tous les jours!
Queen Ipel/GlassTableGirl x

P.S. Demain est un autre jour! (Tomorrow Is Another Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment