Wednesday 5 February 2014

WHERE THERE'S A WILL, LET'S SAY GRACE!



The other day, I was very confident (perhaps too confident, because I was not concentrating as well as I should have been, at the time) in myself; in that I was to make another one of those delicious three-egg omelettes that I am so privileged to be able to make. To my surprise, the omelette broke as I was trying to flip it, without the use of a spatula (A trick that I shall soon use to get into amazing food-fairs). I thought to myself... "If this were a high-pressured situation; whereby a child's life depended on the production of some sort of good-looking egg-breakfast-dish, what would you do?"

In a heartbeat, I rapidly scrambled my 'omelette' which consisted of:
3 x egg whites - whisked into 50 ml of fat free milk and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
I sauteed some spinach, onions, shrooms, feta cheese and rosa tomatoes in a pan. To add to the flavour of my vegetables, I seasoned them with: cumin, medium curry powder, almond flakes and two pinches of brown sugar. I also decided to squeeze onto my vegetables, some fresh lemon juice and added 2.5 ml of soya sauce to enhance sweet 'n sour balance of the dish.

I cupped my stir-fried eggs in a small ramekin (a small, round dish - usually used for baking creme brulee), popped it onto my plate and it was ready to serve. As indicated in the image above, I served this dish with a miniature Greek salad and a dollop of chilli/mayonnaise.

It was pleasing to see that my hypothetical child would not have starved; as the meal was well-received, even though the guest in waiting had anticipated the reception of an egg-white omelette.

In essence, when you f*ck up in life, you need to come up with an alternative plan for survival.


 I would like to leave you with the message of  freedom:

Be free within the soul
The one that carries you to death.
Be free within your creative mind
Be free even when you are in debt
To another, to yourself
You are the only one who may know
What freedom lies beneath your beauty
The depths to which you will grow. 

Best Love,
Khaleesi Ipeleng x

P.S. Happy Hump-Day :)


1 comment:


  1. Hi there,

    You have a fantastic recipe and it deserves to be included on the Top Food Blog list!

    Please join with us on myTaste.co.za
    To add your blog to the Top Food Blog list just follow the link http://www.mytaste.co.za/top-food-blog

    MyTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes.

    If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at: info@mytaste.co.za

    Thanks for sharing your delicious recipes.

    Kind regards,
    Immanuel Kabuhung

    ReplyDelete