Friday 15 March 2013

FRESH FOOD FOR THE SOUL!
 
 First of all... Happy 150th post to my blog - WHOOP! WHOOP! I am so excited to be able to share my journey with you all and I feel privileged to be blessed with your company; as I surf along the ocean that is my life, in search of complete love, happiness, wealth of the mind and peace of the soul. Namaste et Merci Beaucoup de vous, mes amis.  
 
 - Khaleesi Ipeleng of the *UNIVERSE*
 
First on the menu we have:
Hong-Kong Stewy

- Pap (Bohobe) Served with a tangy Beef Stew
 
People often ask me why I choose not to eat meat and my answer is always the same. i do not enjoy the texture of any meat, except for fish and until recently, chicken. It is not a form of religious sacrifice of any spiritual attachment to the lives of animals (although, the more I learn of it, the more conscious I am that they too have a soul). I prefer not to eat meat, because of the way that it affects the processes of digestion; in that it would cause a knot in my system, every time I indulged. Biological research and anthropological discoveries have shown that meat actually decays in the system of human beings and it is not able to be broken down to its foundational nutrients or proteins. The body of man, was not built to process or breakdown meat and this is primarily evident in our dental structure which is not built to tear through tough pieces of foods; but rather to ingest soft vegetables, fruits and herbs. This is what we are built to survive on the natural produce of Mother Nature and the water which she so willingly provides for those of us who are privileged to experience such.
 
With that said, I present to the Universe: A Kingklip Surprise
 
 
- Pan-seared Kingklip served with a Rondo Salad and Fusion Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers; topped with sunflower seeds and a Sweet Indonesian Soy Sauce.
 
 
For dessert :) I present to you:
 
RECIPE 1 -
 
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
 
 
10 cups of flour
5tsp of baking powder
1/1.5 cups of sugar
150g of butter
4T of vanilla essence
1/2 a carton of milk
4 eggs (cracked separately)
 
METHOD -
 
Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
Add the butter and mix until the texture is crumbed
In a separate bowl, mix together the moist ingredients (making sure to crack each egg individually, before adding them to the vanilla essence and milk mixture)
Filter the moist ingredients into the dry ones and mix thoroughly until your batter is the consistency of soft and moist. The batter should be very flexible.
 
Using a table spoon, half fill the pockets of your muffin tray.
 Bake in the oven for 35 minutes et voila it's CHRISTMAS TIME!
 
 
Final Product:
Some freshly baked scones, served with home-made whipped cream, strawberry jam and basil.
 
 
 


 
 
  A special THANK YOU to Ousi Maki Tsimeli for this amazing recipe :)

 
 
GUTEN APPETIT!
 
Khaleesi x
 
P.S. 'Compassion, Tolerance, Forgiveness and a sense of Self-Discipline help us lead our daily lives with a calm mind.'
- THE Dalai Lama
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment