Monday 22 July 2013

When A Man Loves A Woman!
 
This evening, I needed to go to the petrol station to fill up my tank (WHOOP WHOOP) and purchase some merchandise from the shop on site. I was so comfortable, at home in my pyjamas and was tempted to hop straight into my car and venture out, pyjamas and all. I then remembered that I had been taught to never leave the house in my pyjamas. My mother and a lot of women have always told me that 'you never know who you might meet at the shops... What if the man of your dreams is inside and he sees you wearing your house-gear?'
 
I obediently threw on my chef pants and a coat over my pyjamas and took a drive up the road, feeling good about the fact that I was 'not wearing' my pyjamas. Upon my arrival, I noticed that there was an entire queue of people wearing night gowns and slippers and I felt like the only idiot, who was fully dressed in my 'appropriate' attire. The woman standing in front of me began to tell me a long story of how her dogs needed gravy for their food, otherwise they would throw a tantrum. I politely smiled and told her that she is a good mother and without any hesitation, I pulled my coat up and said 'Hey, look, I'm actually wearing my pyjamas too'. We walked out and continued to discuss her pets and I conveyed to her how I was warned not to wear my pyjamas out in public; as my dream-man could be waiting for me by the chip aisle (... like sure).
 
The woman (aged 50+) said to me: 'You know what my girly, if he loves you, he will love you in any state that he finds you in. My friends always ask me why I chill in my pyjamas all day and I simply tell them: BECAUSE I CAN. I love being in the comfort of my own home and why should I waste my time doing obscene amounts of laundry, when I can simply slip back into a fresh pair of pyjamas after I shower in the morning?. You know, when my late husband was still around, we used to sit in our back yard, naked and it was the best... We would sit and look at the trees all afternoon, with no clothes on. That is what true love is about: being completely comfortable in whatever attire you find yourself in. When you are naked and a man or a woman can sit by your side, for hours on end, without so much as a thought in mind; in his or her birthday suit... That is when you know that you have made it in the world. So never apologise for wearing your pyjamas to the shops and never be afraid of being your most natural self, for the man who loves you, will love all of you.'
 
I did not manage to catch the woman's name, because she soon after walked away from me. It does not matter though, because even though I will probably never see her again, that woman made my night and she had someone to share her loving story with, leaving her with the biggest smile on her face.
 
May her husband's soul rest in peace and may she remain as happy and confident in herself as she seemed tonight.
 
Jah bless their souls.
 
Best,
Khaleesi x
 
P.S. This is a true story!

No comments:

Post a Comment