Tuesday 3 December 2013

THE SHORE IS WHERE IT'S AT!
 
 
 

 
Many people often misunderstand my dislike for the city and my reason for this is always that: There is no beach in the city. Water is one of the most essential sources of power, for my soul. It has this calming effect that reignites all my feelings of hope, ecstasy and peace. Even though I was born in the heart of the city, I have always felt as if my home, my heart and my life lies alongside the coastlines of the world. There are so many parallels that can be drawn between the city and the coast, but one that is prominent to me, is the difference in the pace and nature of the lifestyles lead by the inhabitants of the seaside and those inland.
 
Like me, a lot of members of the world flourish better when placed in environments that do not feel rushed. This is my one of my favourite qualities of the coast. Time is controlled by the man who possesses it and everyone there understands this. I believe that it is so important to go through life at our own pace. Nobody can dictate our rate of progression because as one progresses in love, another progresses in overcoming heartache. As one progresses in profession, another progresses in raising children. Progression is an individual quality that has been distorted into a figure of time; allowing for people to feel as if they need to accomplish certain goals by a certain point in their lives. Yes, it is ideal to progress at the same rate as others, but what happens when you allow YOUR time to be determined by others... It becomes THEIRS. To live according to our individual principles is of the utmost importance. It is when we start to live for others and the effect that we have on them, that we start to lose ourselves in a sense of conditioned, mundane routine. People are susceptible to acceptance, but we fail to recognise that self-acceptance is the only kind that really matters.
 
A dear friend of mine, recently resigned from a job that she hated, even though the extra income would add material value to her life. I told her that she is brave, because not many people are strong enough to walk away from money. It takes a strong sense of understanding, of self and self-worth to do such and I commend her highly for her inspiration herewith.
 
It may be surprising that one would choose to build a life by the coast: where the pay checks are inscribed with fewer zeros and the surf-line is deemed appropriate for business meetings. All I can say, from my point of view, is that I would rather choose to lead a life where the quality is higher and the monetary value is decreased; than one where I spend most of my hours stuck in traffic, just to ensure that I close the deal that will supplement my colleagues' Christmas bonuses at the close of each year (which will generally be spent over the two-three weeks of holiday-time that I have accumulated by filling up my petrol tank twice a week).
 
I know that most of my population would disagree with what I am saying, but...
 
Even when the rain pours, there is always sunshine, on the seaside of life.
 
Happy Day and Happy Life to You All!
 
Best,
Khaleesi x

No comments:

Post a Comment