Monday 9 December 2013

A BANG OF A DAY!


'Last Night I ate the most delish salad ever'. 

Yesterday was one of the greatest days of my life. I felt very much more aware of my habits and general experiences, than I have in a while. I am so grateful for becoming more and more in tune with my core; as I wake up each day. I am one of the biggest advocates of sleep. The first reason being that it keeps you looking young. The second reason being there is no such fun, than to be one with your dreamworld, sans (without) disturbance. One of the greatest aspects of sleeping, is being able to shut out the influence of any exterior beings and/or objects. I mentioned to my sister the other day, how strange it is that I awake at the crack of dawn, nowadays. She too is thoroughly surprised at this fact, because I have been a sleeper since 1989. It was during the mid 90's that I found myself in need of afternoon naps, way beyond my time of nursery school. It was then that I decided that I am a nooner and forever shall be. Some people are able to exist without the need of an afternoon nap, not I. I get excited when I meet fellow nooners, because they understand our need for those few hours in the day, that are dedicated to nap-time. 

 My other sister, makes a claim that I sleep way too much and that it is not normal. I simply let her know that I do not sleep too much. It just appears that way because I am awake during the hours that the others believe to be 'sleeping hours'; thus causing my being asleep during 'operational hours'. 

So I woke up from my afternoon nap of three hours and decided to go for a run. I am proud of myself for doing so, for I overcame a challenge; which I had set out for myself and that is something that is not always easy to do. I find that we generally perform better when we are being tested by others, yet we let ourselves get away with murder when the time comes to test ourselves. This needs to change, completely. To choose to go running as opposed to sleeping on a late Sunday afternoon takes a lot of will. I respect road runners with all my heart, because for them, this is the norm. 

 In keeping with my 'team summer body'/'health is wealth' theme of the year, I have decided to give myself a 21-day-running/yoga challenge. Each day, I will indulge in exploring my yogi energy as well as my athletic ability. It will be twenty days until I enter my personal new year of life and I would like to do so at my optimum form of awareness, spiritual connection, fitness and all-round sense of being... In love. I would like to encourage you to join me in setting a challenge for yourself whether it be to: Stop eating KFC or to disallow your children from eating McDonald's even through the tantrums. To stop smoking cigarettes. To stop having sex. To stop blaming yourself. To be happy. 

What makes me happy, is ingesting good food. You may have noticed a picture above this piece, containing a tuna salad, garnished with nectarine slices, avocado and drizzled with honey. This is a salad I made last night and it is fit enough for two, once flattened out. In a small bowl, I mixed tuna, torn lettuce, red cabbage, chopped shrooms (mushrooms) finely diced red onion, julienne carrots and some freshly sliced cucumber; with some Hellman's mayonnaise, salt, pepper and parsley to taste, olive oil and a sprinkle of one of my favourite ingredients, jeera :) I tossed the salad, made it into a ball, using my hands and voila, 
BON APPETIT! 

Be in love with your spirit. Be aligned with your soul.

Bon Lundi!
Khaleesi x

P.S. Il n'est pas facile, mais il en vaut la peine - It is not easy, but it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment