Wednesday 15 January 2014

Morning Has Broken!


I present to the world:
1 x three-egg-white omelette filled with: ginger onions, spinach, fresh tomato and a hint of balsamic reduction; garnished with: fresh pepper-dews, sprinkled feta cheese and dried parsley.

When I was a child, I realised at the age of nine, that I dislike egg yolk with all my heart. I believe that it has to do with the texture of the yolk itself; whether it be soft or hard... Even though I have found the latter, to be more edible, I have never enjoyed anything to do with the yolk of an egg. The egg white, NOW WE ARE TALKING! White is right, good people, white is right. If we were to look at this from a biological perspective, I must inform you that the yolk of an egg contains a very high volume of cholesterol. Hypercholesterolemia is a disease which is slowly taking over the human race. Women are known to suffer from this more-so than men and it is a disease that is often overlooked, because nobody believes that they could ever have high cholesterol. Just as people still believe that they could never contract the HIV... 

GET TESTED!

 This (high cholesterol) is something which is frequently considered to only be common amongst the obese members of our global population. Well I have some news for you in saying that you are wrong. Hypercholesterolemia (High cholesterol) is a disease that should be treated in a more serious manner. 

I was working for an IT company, the year before last. On one of the mornings, we were privileged to be assisted by an amazing medical team; in having our routine check-up performed in the gym (The perks of the corporate world). It was then that I was informed that a. I seriously need to wear spectacles... A thought which had occurred to me five years prior. b. I have high cholesterol. I was flabbergasted at the thought that a 19 year old ;) could have high cholesterol... What a shame. As I understand it, the average woman's desired level of cholesterol should sit below 5.2 mmol/L and that any level that reaches up to and beyond 6.2 mmol/L is way too high. Alas, my cholesterol level was sitting at 6.4 mmol/L at the time that I took the test and that worried the doctors, I could see it in their eyes.

At the end of the day, it is up to us to correct our bodies, minds, hearts and souls. I have indulged less in the habits that I enjoy so very much and more in those that come naturally to me, such as: A meat-free diet (fish only), consistent exercise (running, walking, yoga, riding, dancing and other outdoor activities) and I have prayed over my body; for it is the vessel that carries my soul. A good body, creates the platform for the development of a great soul, so look after yourself as often as humanly possible.

Best Love,
Khaleesi x

P.S. Mmol is the unit measurement, used in chemistry, to define Moles. This is the amount of any substance which contains as many fundamental entities as there are atoms.

2 comments:

  1. I'm def gonna give white egg omelette a try. I love my omelettes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too; so much so, that I use three eggs, to make one omelette ;)

    ReplyDelete