Wednesday 11 April 2012

L'amour de ma vie!

There is one true love of my life. In my world of voyage, that is. That is the love that I share with my favourite city in South Africa, CAPE TOWN!


The 021 (Area code), The Tizzle... As in Cape Tizzle. Cape Teezy. The Mother City! 

I first went to Cape Town on a road trip in 1994 (I think). I went with my nursery school friend Katie Cohen (I wonder where she is) and her parents. IT WAS EPIC INDEED! We went straight to Fish Hoek, where the waters are warm and the sun shines bright :)

I have been travelling to and fro this city for the past eighteen years of my life and every time I am in the Cape, I experience something new. It is a refreshing peace of mind to be so close to the ocean. One would think that the cold, Atlantic would scare one away, but not me... I have braved the storms many a time and it was always enthralling to say the least. When I consider how many times I have travelled to Cape Town, it makes me think that I could have saved all that money and bought myself that McLaren SLR that I so long for...

Well I make sure to go to the Mother of all cities at least twice a year. There was a point when I lived there and before that, I would travel there every season.

My most recent trip was amazing to say the least and I would like to share some imagery of my walk in the forest with my Wife, Zhao Yang (Her name is actually Yang Zhao - @yangisung, but in China, we are addressed by our last names, first) and a friend and EPIC photographer, Max Mogale (@maxmogale).

My eyes saw something new and my heart was completely at peace. The joy I experienced in the woods was beyond most I have, ever before.

WORK IT, PACHAMAMA (MOTHER NATURE)




'Follow the leader, leader, leader... follow the leader!'





WE TOOK MANY DETOURS TO FIND THIS PATH... ACTUALLY, I THINK THIS WAS ONE OF THE OFF-TRAIL ROUTES...


 
THE DIFFERENT SHADES AND TEXTURE OF THIS TREE'S BARK ARE BEAUTIFUL.





THESE TREES ARE EXTREMELY TALL!




THIS IS THE SUN... (MY HEART)



I MEAN LOOK AT THE SUN!



 

MAX SHONE IN THE SUN TOO!

 
THERE WERE GUMTREES :)



WIFEY GOT JIGGY WITH THE STREAM.




A MOUNTAIN WAS INVOLVED

 




THE SUN AND I.
PLAYING... FROM A DISTANCE!





UPON MY FIRST GLIMPSE... IT FELT LIKE I WAS SEEING A SUPER-SIZE VERSION OF MARY-JANE... TURNS OUT, IT WAS NOT AT ALL HER!

PUT YO' HANDS UP... I LOVE THIS CITY





... AND SO IT IS...



Merci beaucoup pour le joie de vivre (Thank you very much for the joy of life).

Bisous tous les jours!
Queen Ipel of the *UNIVERSE*/GlassTableGIrl x

P.S. 'If you go down to the woods today you'd better go in disguise...'


END NOTE: THIS IS ACTUALLY MY FIFTIETH POST :) I WAS DIZZY WHEN COUNTING EARLIER... THANK A MILLION EVERYONE, FOR EVERYTHING YOU GIVE UNTO ME x

No comments:

Post a Comment