Thursday 5 April 2012

Dinner FOR-FOUR


Last night, three of my faves were over at my house for dinner. After a much anticipated surprise, Muse, Thabangalang, Masingi and I enjoyed a late dinner indoors a mi casa!






I made some chicken, potatoes and a mixed veggie gravy!





Before you start, Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.





I started off by:











Boiling the chicken in some white wine and water.





Slowly, I added some chicken spice, medium curry powder, whole bay leaves and origanum to my pan.





I allowed the mixture to boil at a lower heat for about 12 minutes.












Don't forget to turn your chicken continuously throughout this process, to allow for the absorption of all the juices and flavours combined.






I then wedged some potatoes and placed them in a baking dish. I squeezed four lemons over the potatoes and added to my dish, 1/4 cup of milk and two tablespoons of huile d'olive (Olive Oil)











I sprinkled these with some mixed herbs and freshly ground black pepper and placed them in the oven to bake for approx.17 minutes.





Continue to check on the potatoes and turn as often as necessary.






To make the vegetable gravy:





I started by placing my onions (Julienne), peppers (Julienne), mushrooms (Sliced) and carrots ( 2 x grated) in a pot and added some garlic, butter and 1 cup of water to allow for a stewed-broth to boil for 10 minutes.





As you will notice, your water will at some point evaporate. Make sure to stew your vegetables, in a closed pot for the first ten minutes.





To add flavour, I seasoned these vegetables with some mixed masala spice, cumin, mixed herbs and half a teaspoon of salt.





I added 2 tablespoons of ketchup to the pot and an additional cup of water.





Allow for you mixture to simmer at a low heat and watch your gravy thicken before your eyes.





This mixture is already thick. To thin it out slightly (for that saucy feel) continue to add cups of water, until you are satisfied with your gravy.





I placed some wedged tomato slices in a baking dish and sprinkled with three tablespoons of brown sugar (Apparently, sugar brings out the bursting flavours of the tomato). I finished it off with three table spoons of balsamic vinegar and placed them in the oven to roast for 15 minutes.





Once the tomatoes are done, you should mix them into your vegetable gravy and stir thoroughly.

































I added some crumbed feta to my gravy :)











Once you are satisfied with your potatoes, mix in your chicken and place in the oven to roast. Keep an eye on your dish and let it roast until golden brown.



















I forgot to take a proper image of the meal fresh from the kitchen last night, but here is an after shot that I brought to work for lunch today!





Bom Proveito amigas!











Beijhos!
Queen Ipel of the *UNIVERSE*/GlassTableGirl x






P.S. 'The best place to look for something, is where you expect to find it'






No comments:

Post a Comment