Wednesday 30 May 2012

Fall On Your Knees MOFO





One woman who I would love to see perform is Mrs Swizzy! I have no words for the talent that is Alicia Keys. In my eyes, she is one of the few artists who has remained true to the art of making music as she has not allowed commercial ideas to influence her growth as a singer/songwriter. One song that she produced that always has me blown away is 'Impossible' by Christina Aguilera - another great singer.


This is my favourite Christmas carol ever. Well done to whomever wrote it. This song reminds me of my dear Afrikaans teacher, Meneer Steyn. Nobody (in my life) touches Pieter Steyn when it comes to singing. The only joy of having to perform in our school Christmas carol events, was hearing him close the show with this number. Not only is he a beautiful singer, but I need to thank this man for guiding me through my teens and always being there for me no matter what. Teachers sometimes lose sight of nurturing students and take the stance of trying to control the student's mindset. This is not the way forward if we wish to develop our children's beings. Humane Souls are hard to come by and he is truly one of the greatest that I have encountered. If there is one person who I would like to extend my happiness to, today, it is definitely Meneer.
Dankie vir alles wat jy vir my gedoen het... Met die grootse liewe!
(Thank you for everything that you have done for me... With the greatest love!)


This song reminds me of so many good times of my life, namely when I would not stop singing it to my God-sister-soul-mate Muptee and her amazing sister Karabo Morule, when we were on holiday in Langebaan a few years ago. If you have never been to Langebaan, please do yourself a favour and go there. It is situated in none other than, the WESTERN CAPE. There is a beautiful restaurant on the beach where, R200  buys you some freshly caught and prepared seafood.
ALL YOU CAN EAT! YOU CAN ALSO BRING YOUR OWN BOOZE! NEED I SAY MORE...
It is like Christmas everyday at Strandloper.


Here are some snaps of the resto :)

100_0930



100_0931

100_0934


100_1006

Can you say DELISH! If God or someone of great power or influential control over my life said that I can only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would definitely be seafood!


100_0990

This man is the funniest entertainer I have ever seen/heard play at a restaurant


100_0913

GORGEOUSO!


Bisous tous les jours!
Khaleesi Ipeleng x 

P.S. '... Touch me like this is the last time/ Promise that you'll love me/ Love me like you'll never see me again...'
- Like You'll Never See Me Again, Alicia Keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment