Friday 25 May 2012

FOR THE YUMMY-MUMMIES!

So I tried out a pizza recipe that I borrowed from a friend. It turned out pretty well, for a first-timer and I believe that my sisters and friends enjoyed it too. We can only improve from here!
MOVING FORWARD!

I made the pizza dough using some cake wheat flour, dry yeast, sugar, salt, water, avocado oil and a hint of black pepper (optional)

The tomato base was made using ginger, garlic, mixed herbs, origanum, peeled tomatoes and some brown sugar. A hint of chilli to taste. You may add some !RED RED WINE! to your sauce if you would like to?

This recipe is one that I think is best measured by the eye ;)

Merci pour la recipe Cheri!


Once your dough has been knead, allow it to sit in the fridge for a minimum of two hours and a maximum of one night. If you let the dough sit for too long it kills the process of fermentation and your dough will be irrevocably damaged.



 The gentlemen at Pick 'n Pay were kind enough to sell me some of their dry yeast :) What lifesavers they were because I could not find any, anywhere!



Some tomato paste for your base :)


SOME YUM YUM VEGGIE TOPPINGS :)
I sauteed these in some olive oil, garlic, ginger and Italian herbs.


VOI-to-the-LA!


 I added some freshly torn spinach and crumbed feta to my pizza, because, that's how I roll!

KEEP IT LOCKED UP AND TIGHT!
Khaleesi Ipel of the *Universe*/GlassTableGirl x

P.S. This was in aid of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution day and even though there are some processed parts of the meal (cheese), I think this is the healthiest way to feed our children pizza :)

No comments:

Post a Comment