Wednesday 9 May 2012


Pumpkin and spring onion soup, served with some toasted health bread.


My friend Lori made us some pumpkin soup a couple of weeks back. This past weekend, I tried to make that same soup and even though it was not a hit in the kitchen, compared to her soup, I am happy that I was able to make something a little tastier than most would :)

I started off by boiling the pumpkin and chopped potato in some water until it was soft enough to mash. In a separate pan, I sauteed some finely sliced spring onion and red onion in: olive oil, garlic and a touch of water. I added cream to the sauteed ingredients and let it simmer for a few minutes, before adding it to my pumpkin pot.

For a finer, smoothly-textured soup, a blender works wonders. I used a mixer to do this and left some of the bits in the soup to add to its crunch factor.

Bon Appetit!
Khaleesi Ipel of the *UNIVERSE*/GlassTableGirl x



'If you do not pursue your purpose, you will be abused and used to fill the purpose of someone else'
- Map4Life by Glen McQuirk




No comments:

Post a Comment