Monday 24 June 2013

FLASHBACKS!
 
Last December, I explored the streets of Cape Town, with one of my favourite people in the world, Kay Morgan (@DJ_Doowap). We stopped over at a friend's house, Raiko Spreadbury (@raikomyman), who lovingly invited us into his home for a little get together :)
 
 
Cheers, to one of the best days of my life.
 

Domestication is key! Eat right and you will be alright!




Garlic Bread on a Budget.
 
 I spontaneously decided that it would be much more fun to make our garlic bread at home.
Store-bought garlic bread always seems to have too much butter and not enough garlic; leaving you with a thick, pasty substance on your palette.
 
I used:
100g of salted butter @ R5.00 (R25.00 for 500g)
2 cloves of finely chopped/crushed fresh garlic @R1.50/clove (R3.00)
Salt and Pepper to taste and
I added a handful of mixed herbs and oregano.
 
  • Lightly saute your garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a sauce pan
  • Add your butter, making sure to cut it into smaller pieces; thus, increasing the rapidity at which it will melt
  • Allow for your butter to melt and stir it in consistently until it is smooth.
  • Once your butter has started to boil slightly, turn down the heat and allow for it to cool down and thicken.
  • I also bought a baguette (R5.00), which I sliced beautifully. I then laid these out on a baking tray and spread the melted butter, evenly on each piece.
  • I baked the bread for approximately 12 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius et voila.
 
Total cost = a whopping R13.00!

 
 
HOME-MADE GARLIC BREAD IS THE FUTURE :)
 
 
 
 
 
A mouthful of goodness!



There are few better feelings than the enjoyment of a home-cooked meal, surrounded by great souls.
 
Best,
Khaleesi x
 
P.S. Demain est un autre jour - Tomorrow is another day.

Images courtesy of Motheo Moeng.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment