Sunday 9 June 2013

MESSAGES OF MY PAST 
 
I was looking through some old pieces of writing when I came across some words that I wrote when I was in my final year of high school, which was in fact, the other day, I am almost sitting on NINETEEN + ?...
 
I would like to share with you all, an excerpt from a piece that I wrote for my English teacher, Mrs Southey. She is a wonderful teacher, in that she allows for our writing to be completely free of any inhibitions. I now realise that I wrote intensely about love, love-making, relationships and many other topics that reflect passionately on the woman that I am today:
 
 A woman of freedom, strength, happiness, peace and an abundance of love to give unto this world and its soulful inhabitants. This world that is in awe of its pain and suffering. This world that has a soul which we have yet to fully connect with. This world that I shall convey my dreams to. A world where dreams are fulfilled and inner-happiness is everlasting.
 
 
These are my words, aged 17. I knew love then and I know it now. It is within me, beyond me, forever it shall carry me:
 
 
"...In life, they say that true love is one soul's recognition of  self reflected in the recognition of anothers. They say that it is an explosive state of being, which extends the connectivity of a mutual relationship beyond the parallels of this universe. How does one discover or familiarise oneself with this state of being without giving up a sense of one's pride due to the many emotional factors of life which restrain us from the extensions of self-being. It is in my belief that we maintain our pride by merely surrounding ourselves with brick walls. These very walls allow us to put up a front to the rest of the world which makes them believe that we are surviving the harsh realities of life. In this way, we protect ourselves from self-dilapidation...'
 
Expressed in the piece: 'My Oxygen'
 
 
Best of Love,
Khaleesi x
 
P.S. 'Every man has gotta right to decide his own destiny'
 - Nesta Robert Marley (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981)

No comments:

Post a Comment